Who are you in trouble with?

The little boy runs over to his father, sitting on the bench.

"Dad, am I in trouble?".

His dad's just sitting there, reading his book, oblivious to what the boy may have done.

We spend our lives afraid of being in trouble. "I'd better not, or I'll be in trouble". "I better had, or I'll be in trouble". The child rarely knows if he's in trouble or not. Manufactures "being in trouble" from a careless cross word.

We can spend lifetimes not knowibg if we're in trouble or not. In trouble with who?

With god? Mainly empty space full of possibility? I don't think empty space is keeping score.

In trouble with our parents? Those rapidly feebling people, if we're lucky enough to have them still alive?

Our bosses? A joke for those of us that work for ourselves.

Our children? That WOULD be ironic!

Spouses, partners, friend, neighbours? What if there's no-one for us to bein trouble with? Is that liberating or terrifying? Let's go with both.

"there's no one you can be in trouble with"

Shout it out loud:

THERE' S NO ONE FOR YOU TO BE IN TROUBLE WITH!

Comments