I pray to the god of soil

I pray to the god of soil

Billions of organisms in each handful,
Nourishing the tiniest new roots,
(Earthworms steadfastly building working)
Holding our landscapes together.

I pray to the god of trees,
Giants towering above our heads,
And tiny saplings and bare root whips,
(Orphans without a mother's shelter,)
Keeping the world and the water stable.

I pray to the god of wind,
Indifferent to human life.
We quake at your excesses,
You turn our turbine blades, uninterested,
And dry our washing in your gentle breeze.

I pray to the god of water,
Deep still pools and aquifers under our feet,
Bubbling streams and deep, wide rivers,
Tiny drops of rain,
Sustaining all life.

I pray to the god of hope,
May every handful of soil be precious,
And every tree sacred,
And the storms and breezes respected,
And every drop of water held sacred.


Sent from my iPhone
Krystyna Rawicz FSCSI, FRICS
Managing Director 
KRA Visionary Project Partners

Comments