Sometimes the world feels heavy

At Huntington Gardens, Co Wicklow, Ireland
The quote "I would like to live like a river flows, carried by the surprise of its own unfolding" is by John O'Donohur
Sometimes the world feels heavy, like an old fashioned winter coat that is too big, bought for someone older, weighing me down at the shoulders, it's hem brushing the ground.

When I was small, we had an old army greatcoat in the house. When you put it on, it smelt dour and heavy before you were even aware of it's weight. The material was rough and scratchy, so thick you could hardly bend your arms in the sleeves. And it was heavy, heavy, heavy.

Some mornings, the world feels heavy too. Responsibility weighing heavily on my shoulders and enfolding me in is stiff cloth. "I would like to live like a river flow, carried by the surprise of its own unfolding".

Comments